2017年6月8日 星期四

Greetings from USA!

Hello!

Today, I am going to share the postcards I received from the USA!
Enjoy them:)

I believe most of you are familiar with this country, so I guess there is no need to give a brief introduction of it!


[Postcards from USA]

The first postcard is sent from the western North Carolina. It was taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway which travels through the state and continues along the Appalachian Mountains on the east coast of the USA. 


The second postcard shows the famous arch in St. Louis in Missouri. The arch is located on the banks of Mississippi River. It commemorates Thomas Jefferson and symbolizes the door to the American West. 


The next one is sent from San Francisco. It shows a cable car climbing the steep Hyde Street hill. Interestingly, the sender retired from the US post office, so he really enjoys sending and receiving postcards very much. He also mentioned in the postcard, saying that he agrees with me that nowadays people spend too much time on the Internet, Sometimes, the old ways such as writing letters are even better. 


The next one is from North Carolina, which is the same as the first postcard. The Blue Ridge Parkway traverses about 469 miles of the Appalachian Mountains. First began in 1939, the way was completed in 1992. This parkway is known as one of America's most scenic roads. 


The following postcard shows the birthplace and childhood home of Helen Keller in Alabama. It is opened to visitors throughout the year. 


The next one is sent from the southern California. It shows San Diego from the Cabrillo Monument. Cabrillo is the first European to land on the West Coast of the US in 1542.  


The following postcard is from Michigan. The sender wrote a quote from Abraham Lincoln to encourage me,"In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It is the life in your years."


When I received the following two postcards, I was extremely happy! Postcards of Harry Potter! Harry Potter is definitely one of my favorite series, and it is awesome to receive cards with young Harry on it lol. 



Last but not the least, here are the stamps from USA!
It is interesting that there are Chinese style stamps released in the US! I think the Dumbledore one is quite special. 


Time flies, it soon comes to the last blog of this semester. 
Here I want to thank those who once patiently finish reading my articles and those who once left comments below since most of the articles are not really short. 
I especially want to show my deepest appreciation to Franky and Goonie for leaving comments on my every single article:)

Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!
What do you think of the postcards from USA?
Have you ever been to USA before?
Feel free to leave any comment below:)
I hope you enjoy reading it!

4 則留言:

  1. You’re welcome. Through reading your blog, I learn more about the world since I’m not good at geography. LOL The giant arch is amazing! I didn’t know that before reading your article. As for the postcards of Harry Porter, do you know that there is an area for Harry Porter in Universal Studios Japan? I went there three years ago, and some of the scenes in the movie came to alive, including the post office. There were lots of owls, and you also could buy stamps of Harry Porter and send a post card!

    回覆刪除
  2. Wow! These postcards are so cool. I like the postcards of Harry Potter the most. I also like the series. The scene in San Francisco is so beautiful. I am a person who likes the sea. Therefore, I also like the postcards very much. After reding your blog, I want to start collecting the postcards.

    回覆刪除
  3. Just like Janet, the postcards of Harry Potter are also my favorite! Although I'm not so much of a Potter fan, I still want to get my hands on those postcards since hey, who can resist young Hermione and young Potter lol Also, I think the postcard from Michigan is very cut. Although it may seem a little it cheesy to me, it reminds me of some pictures from storybooks I read when I was little. As it for the postcard, after seeing some of your collections from other countries, I wouldn't say they amaze me that much.

    回覆刪除
  4. Hi, my friend, it is going to the final exam soon, good luck and wish you score a satisfied result in this semester.Finally we can end up with blog XD. Although I seldom or haven't hang out with you, I hope we can be classmate again in next semester, all the best:D

    回覆刪除