2017年6月2日 星期五

Greetings from the UK!

Hello!

Today, I am going to share some postcards I received from the United Kingdom with you! 
Same as before, I will give a brief introduction of the country before taking a look at the postcards.
Enjoy them!

What comes to your mind when you first hear the country UK? 
Big Ben? Red buses? Castles? the royal family? Oxford? the Beatles? Wimbledon? William Shakespeare? or David Beckham?

[The United Kingdom] 

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, also known as the UK, or Britain, is a country located in western Europe. The United Kingdom includes the island of Great Britain, the island of Northern Ireland and many small islands. The UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea in the east and the English Channel in the south.  



(Sources: Google)

[Postcards from the UK]

The first postcard is from London. There is no story of this postcard, while it only has a brief greeting on the back of it, so I am going introduce a little bit about the capital city. 


London is the capital and the most populous city in the UK. It is one of the world's largest financial centers. It is also the world's most visited city. 
There are many people from different countries and races living in London. Thus, there are more than 300 languages spoken there. Besides, the underground railway in London is the oldest railway network in the world. 

(Sources: Google)

The second postcard shows the famous tourist attraction in England: Oxford. 


Oxford is located in the south east of England. It is famous for the University of Oxford, the oldest university in the English-speaking countries. 

(Sources: Google)

The third postcard is sent from Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland. The postcard shows the Scott Monument, which commemorates the life of Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832), a Scottish novelist and poet. The tower is about 200 feet high and was built in the 18th century. 



The next postcard shows another famous tourist attraction in the UK: Stonehenge. In fact, this postcard is sent by my high school friend when she traveled to England last year. 

Stonehenge is estimated to be built between 3000 BC and 1600 BC. It consists of several standing stones, and each of the stone is about 4.1 meters high,  2.1 meters wide, and weighs about 25 tons. The purpose of building them is still a mystery.  In 1986, Stonehenge became one of the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. 


Last but not the least, here are the stamps from the UK. Interestingly, they are all very similar. 😂


Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!
Do you want to visit this beautiful and historical country?
What do you think of the postcards I received?

Feel free to leave any comment below:)
I hope you enjoy reading it!

4 則留言:

  1. Although some people say that there are few delicacies in Britain, I still want to visit there to see the elegant buildings there. Also, l am eager to take Eurostar and I really love British accent. LOL However, traveling in Europe would cost me an arm and a leg, so I think not until I can make money by myself can I take a trip to Western Europe.

    回覆刪除
  2. Comparing to USA, it seems like most of my friends are more interested in visiting UK. Some of them told me that UK really has its' own personality while America is just like a big melting pot which you can find almost anything inside. Some of your post cards really show the unique and elegant side of UK. I especially enjoy the one with the scenery of Edinburgh on it. I hope I'll be able to go there some day in person~

    回覆刪除
  3. To me, UK seems a familiar and also unfamiliar country. I can often see some programs introducing UK's food and culture, such as fish and chips and the afternoon tea culture. I think UK is an interesting country because it a modern country but remains old culture. Hope some day I can visit this country.

    回覆刪除
  4. I remember that you haven't shared the postcard from the USA before you post this blog. Happy to see that you enjoy collecting every different postcard from different countries. What's more, every postcard you receive are all amazing just like this one from the USA. Hope I can see more colorful postcards from you in the future.

    回覆刪除