2017年3月24日 星期五

Greetings from Russia!

Hello!

Today, I am going to share the postcards I received from Russia through Postcrossing with you!
I will also introduce some of the stories I explore on the postcards!
Enjoy them:)


[Russia?]

What comes to your mind at the moment when you hear the country "Russia"?
Siberia? Moscow? extremely cold in winter? or plenty of natural gas?
(Sources:Google)

Russia is the largest country in the world, which is gifted with plenty of natural resources such as coal and natural gas.
It has over 144 million people. With such a heavy population, it is easy to guess its postcard-sending ranking in Postcrossing. It ranks second among all the other countries. As a result, I always receive postcards from Russia!

I will briefly divide the types of postcards into three different kinds: postcards from Moscow, postcards from St. Petersburg, and postcards about art.


[Moscow]

Moscow, the largest city on the European continent, is the capital of Russia. Moscow plays a crucial role in the Russian history. It is also the capital of Eastern Orthodox Christianity, the main religion in Russia.
These are two of the postcards I received from Moscow. 
It is apparent that most of the churches in Russia share a similarity, that is, the cupola. It is said that the cupola symbolizes the sky.


This is the St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. It is now a museum, and it is a very famous landmark in Russia. Tourists will definitely take a photo in front of it!
Perhaps it is a little bit difficult to recognize it from this postcard. It looks like this during daytime.

(sources: Google)


[Saint Petersburg]

St. Petersburg is the second largest city, as well as the cultural capital in Russia. It is built by Peter the Great in 1703, and it has been the capital of the Russian Empire for more than two hundreds years during the 18 century.


This is a postcard of the Winter Palace in St. Petersburg. 
The Winter Palace was built by Peter the Great in 1703. It was the residence of the Russian monarchs from the 18 to 20 centuries.

Nowadays, it has become a world known museum (Hermitage Museum) which attracts over 3.5 million people annually.


[Art]

I received several postcards which are about the history and arts in Russia.


Seeing from left to right, the first one is called "Young Lady's Morning," by F. Fan Miris (1635-1681).
In fact, the original postcard didn't have an English translation of the painting. Fortunately, a kind mother wrote the translation under the postcard so that I could understand what the postcard was about!

The second one is called "The Holy Family," by Rembrandt van Rijn in 1645. 

The third one is called "The Lute Player," by Caravaggio in 1596. This version is exhibited in the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.

I guess this postcard was bought in the same place as the first and the second one since the style and the color of the postcards are almost the same though they were all sent by different people at different times.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about the last one since the person sending the postcard didn't mention anything about it....


Last but not the least, I want to share the beautiful Russian stamps with you. Most of them are alike. I can recognize them immediately when receiving the postcards!



Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!

These postcards are just a tip of the iceberg. I hope you enjoy them!
Which one do you like the best?
Do you want to visit the beautiful country, Russia, in the future?
I do, after receiving these fantastic postcards!
How about you?

Feel free to share any of your opinion below :)



8 則留言:

  1. Before high school, coldness, communism and Vodka are the only three things in my mind when I think of Russia. Now, I know Russia has more than that, including gorgeous landscape, breathtaking artworks, dreamy architecture, beautiful train station and great food. I really hope that some day I'll have the chance to go traveling in Russia by myself:> Also, those postcards you received are really exotic which makes it a precious collection~
    PS: Do you know the Minions' owner also speaks in a Russian accent? (I mention this only because I love minions ha ha)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Russia is really a beautiful country. I hope I can also visit it some day in the future!

      Oh I didn't notice that. XDD I will pay more attention when watching it next time!!

      Oh and just a reminder
      Please don't call me if you drink too much Vodka when you are in Russia some day in the future. lol

      刪除
  2. The views in your postcards are gorgeous. The stamps are quite familiar for me since last year, my friend visited Lake Baikal and sent a postcard to me. The natural scenery is also great in Russia.
    BTW Last summer vacation, I worked together with a women comes from Russian in a hostel. She said that compare to Taiwanese, Russian does't usually smile, but they are still kind. I also hope that one day I could have a trip there.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Seriously? Lake Baikal?
      The postcard must be awesome! I always want to visit Lake Baikal some day. The pictures of its on the geography text book in high school is so beautiful, just like a paradise!

      Haha the woman said that? It is so interesting lol. I also met some people from Russia when I traveled to England for a summer camp. It is true that they seldom smile. Compared to Taiwanese people, they seem not to be so friendly at first sight, but your friend is right, they are still kind!

      Me too! But I would prefer visiting there during summer lol It seems that Russia is a natural refrigerator during winter times. XD It is too cold for me haha

      刪除
  3. Thanks you for sharing these beautiful postcard, and this blog makes me want to visit Russia since the scene is so awesome, and I love Russia's architecture. The color of Russia's church is very lovely to me. I am looking forward to seeing other postcards you receive next week.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I am glad that you wanna visit Russia:)
      Indeed, the architecture is breathtaking! I have been eager to visit Russia when seeing the pictures of its on my geography book lol
      Sure, I am willing to share more postcards in the future:) Make sure to follow my blog haha

      刪除
  4. Wow it is Moscow!!!The building you posted in the article I really want to go.Hope one day I can visit Russia because for me, I think Russia is a mysterious country.But after watching your introduction, it inspires me that it may be a really amazing nation~ Looking forward your next blog!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I guess, perhaps we should sign up for a Russia travelling group with people leaving comments here lol. Indeed, Russia is an amazing country that makes people want to explore more about it!
      Make sure to send me a postcard when you visit Russia some day in the future!!

      Oh and also please don't drink too much Vodka when you visit there lol

      刪除