2017年4月21日 星期五

Greetings from France!

Hello!

Today, I am going to share some postcards I received from France.
Before taking a look at the postcards, I will give a brief introduction of France.
Enjoy them!

What comes to your mind when you hear the country France?
Louis XIV? French Revolution? Napoleon? Chanel? Dior? Gucci? Louvre? 


[France]

France is a country in western Europe, which is surrounded by the North Sea, the English Channel, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Mediterranean Sea. The neighboring countries are Belgium and Luxembourg in the northeast, Germany and Switzerland in the east, Italy and Monaco in the southeast, and Spain in the southwest. 

(Sources: Google)

French is its official language. Christianity is the major religion in France, and Catholics are the largest group. It is estimated that over 50 percent of French are Catholics. There are also other religions in France such as Islam and Jews. 

(Sources: Google)

The capital of France is Paris, a world known tourist attraction. It is also the most populous city in France. Speaking of France, I believe people will immediately think of the Eiffel Tower. It is estimated that over millions of people fave visited the Eiffel Tower after it was constructed in 1889. 

 (Sources: Google)

Another famous tourist attraction in Paris is the Louvre Museum(羅浮宮), the largest museum in the world. Originally, Louvre is constructed as a fortress by Philip II in the 12th century. In 1682, Louis XIV chose the Versailles to be his palace. Thus, the Louvre became a place for the royalties to store their collections. Hundreds years later, the rulers during the French Revolution declared that the Louvre be used as a museum to display the collections. Nowadays, the Louvre Museum has become the most visited museum in the world.

  (Sources: Google)



[Postcards]

The first postcard is sent by a girl living in the northwest of France. She is a dress maker and she mainly made the traditional local clothes. Interestingly, the stamp on the postcard also illustrates the fashion show in France. The postcard shows one of the sites in the town she was born. 


The second postcard shows Caen, a city in the northwest France. She mentioned on the postcard that the day she wrote this was her boyfriend's birthday!



The third one is from Avignon(亞維儂). Perhaps some of you have heard this city before since it once appeared in the history textbook in high school. The postcard shows the famous bridge in Avignon. Under the postcard, it also shows the seven popes that once lived in Avignon. 


Last but not the least, these are the stamps from France! 


Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!
What do you think of France? 
Do you want to visit the beautiful and historical country?
Feel free to leave any comment below:)
I hope you enjoy reading my blog!

4 則留言:

  1. Why don't your pen pal introduce some desserts to you? France is not only famous its tourist sites but also their food such as butter snails or tiny sweet macarons. I think if you have a chance to correspond with your pen pal from France, you can talk some food with he or she haha.

    回覆刪除
  2. I have heard that compared to other people, the French know more about enjoying their lives. For example, although nowadays, people lead to a fast-paced life, food could be made faster than past, they still take their time to enjoy every meal. I also know that philosophy is one of the subjects of their entrance exam. France is a special country, and I think we could learn lots of things from them.

    回覆刪除
  3. I like the way you introduce the country before you show some of the post cards. That actually makes your blog worthy of reading:> However, I'm actually quite surprised that post cards from France aren't as glamorous as I expected, instead, they're more like...rustic I guess? Oh and the city Avignon surely sounds familiar to me due to Pablo Picasso's famous painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. I think it's so cool to receive post cards from such a beautiful and exotic country:>

    回覆刪除
  4. wow, your travel experience is so amazing. How come you can travel so many places when you still a student? Do you have any advice to me, if I want to travel to Japan with a low budget? I am planning to Japan for some time, but I still lack the specific details about, homestay, cuisine and places. I hope I can have your reply on class, haha.

    回覆刪除