2017年4月7日 星期五

Greetings from Belarus!

Hello!

Today I am going to share some postcards from Belarus(白俄羅斯) Enjoy them:)

Perhaps the first question that comes to your mind is: where is Belarus? 
Before sharing these postcards, let me give a short introduction of this mysterious country!


[Belarus]


Republic of Belarus is a country in Eastern Europe with Russia in the northeast, Ukraine in the south, Poland in the west, and Lithuania(立陶宛) in the northwest.
(Sources: Google)

The capital of Belarus is Minsk(明斯克). With a population of 9.49 million people, it consisted of several groups of people: Belarusians, Russians, and Ukrainians.

(Sources: Google)

The major languages are Russian and Belarusian, and both of them are the official languages in Belarus; Eastern Orthodoxy is their main religion.

(Sources: Google)



[Postcards from Belarus]
To be honest, the first time I knew Belarus is when I received a postcard from there! There are also many postcrossing members in Belarus, ranking sixth among all the countries.

The following postcard is sent by a girl named Anna, who is a student, studying in Minsk as a landscape designer.

At the right side of the postcard, there is a symbol of ice hockey. In 2014, the IIHF(International Ice Hockey Federation) World Championship was hosted by Belarus.


 The next postcard is sent by a woman living in Minsk. She works at the National Academy of Sciences. 


This postcard is sent by a girl called Veronika. She is from Grodno, a city in Belarus. The postcard shows a tourist attraction in her city.


This postcard is from a college student from Kobryn, a city in Belarus. This is the Kobryn Museum of War and History, a monument to Alexander Suvorov (1730-1800), a Russian military leader and was considered a national hero. 


This is a picture of A.V. Suvorov, and a stamp published in Russia.
















The following postcard shows a painting called The Viacha River, painted by Pavel Maslenikau in 1978. It is sent by Kristina, a girl living in Minsk.


The last postcard is very special. The postcard was printed by the sender, and the photo was taken by herself!
The photo shows the bird of Belarus: the stork.


Last but not the least, these are the stamps from Belarus!


Thanks for spending your precious time reading my blog!
What do you think of Belarus?
Have you ever been there before?
If not, do you want to visit there in the future?

Feel free to leave any comment below!
I hope you enjoy these postcards!

5 則留言:

  1. Not until reading your blog did know there are some many difference between Belarus and Russia. I think it is because of the translation which confuses me. I am not familiar with Eastern Europe, thanks for broadening my horizon through your article. It seems that exchanging postcard is really an interesting to know more about the world.

    回覆刪除
  2. Wow I finally realized how unfamiliar I was to Belabrus for the whole time! Just like Franky said, I thought these two countries have a lot in common. Who came up with such confusing Chinese translation anyway? Although you are focusing on the postcards, I'm much more fascinated by those stamps!! Those stamps are so delicate! And there's even stamps designed for post crossing? How interesting!

    回覆刪除
  3. So I have followed your blogs for a few weeks and I keep wondering about one thing. Can you tell me how many postcards are there in your collection? I mean, you seem to have all the postcards around the world and they were so amazing and impressive! Can't wait to see what you are going to share.

    回覆刪除
  4. Wow!What the amazing country! I seldom hear something about this country. Thank you for your sharing your postcard. Every time I read your blog, I feel the world is more big than I can imagine, and there are many interesting that I can understand by reading your blog. Keep going to make your travelling blog more colorful

    回覆刪除
  5. I think the postcard from India is very unique and special!You need to be precious of that because in my view, India is the country that is unfriendly to women and girls or who is underprivileged. So it is a little surprised me that you can receive the postcard from India. I am looking forward of your post next week, maybe next week you can receive the postcard from Africa XDDD

    回覆刪除