2017年4月28日 星期五

Greetings from China!

Hello!

Today, I am going to share the postcards I received from China!

I guess you are all familiar with China since we learned much about it during high school, but I will still give a brief introduction of it before taking a look at the postcards! 
Enjoy them!


[China]

People's Republic of China (PRC) is a country in East Asia. There are 14 countries sharing the land borders with it including North Korea, Russia, Mongolia, India, just to name a few. China is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, Yellow Sea, East China Sea, and South China Sea.

(Sources: Google)

China is the most populous country in the world, and it is the world's second largest country. The capital of China is Beijing. Perhaps the most known tourist attraction in China is the Great Walls. There is no deny that the Great Walls is one of the greatest constructions in the human history. It is also considered the New Seven Wonders of the World. 

(Sources: Google)


[Postcards from China]

The first postcard is from Shanghai. It is a mural in The Bund, or Waitan, (外灘) which locates in central Shanghai. There are many historical buildings in the area since there were once numerous banks and trading houses from Japan, UK, France, Germany, Russia and many other foreign countries. It is now the most famous tourist attraction in Shanghai. 


The second postcard is from the Sun Yat-sen University (中山大學) in Guangzhou(廣州), which is founded in 1924 by 孫中山. The postcard shows the Memorial Arch of Yi Chou Jinshi (乙醜進士牌坊), which is the oldest arch (500 years) on campus. 


The third one is a postcard I have received recently from my friend. (I always "force" my friend to send me postcards when they travel to other places.😂) She traveled to Suzhou (蘇州) several weeks ago for her designing courses. Suzhou, having about 2500 years of history, is a city in the Jiangsu Province. The city is famous for the stone bridges and the classical gardens(園林). 


Here is a photo of the classical garden in Suzhou. 
(Sources: Google)

The last one is a very interesting postcard. I received it in 2014. It is the year of the FIFA World Cup which was hosted in Brazil. Since I mentioned in my self-introduction that I like football very much, he sent me this postcard! If you enjoy watching football games very much, you may found some familiar faces on the postcards such as Lionel Messi and Mesut Özil!


Last but not the least, here are the stamps from China.

Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!
I hope you enjoy them!
Have you ever been to China before?
What do you think of the postcards?
Feel free to leave any comment below:)

3 則留言:

  1. It's interesting that whenever I start reading your blog, I would try to picture what would the post cards from this certain country look like and not even once did it meet my expectation lol The post card from Shanghai is the most unexpected one since it kind of have a European vibe. On the other hand, I'm amazed by the beautiful scenery of Suzhou, which perfectly explains why it's a popular travelling destination.

    回覆刪除
  2. I don’t know that there is also a Yat-sen University in China. Reading your article, I recall my junior and senior high school time. Every time I read text, I imagined how the places in the text looked like. It turns out they are truly beautiful when I see the pic you post. BTW, the cat on the left corner of the post card is so cute.

    回覆刪除
  3. In my opinion, China and Taiwan has the embarrassed relationship with each other, so I sometimes wonder if people living in China would have serious political tendence. But it is lucky for you to avoid discussing this kind of question with people living in China. I hope to know which contries you will share next week.

    回覆刪除