2017年5月19日 星期五

Greetings from Germany! (3)

Hello!

Today, I am still going to share the envelope I received from my German pen pal!  
Enjoy them!


[Third Envelope]

In the third envelope, there are several interesting stuffs!
The first one is a postcard, which shows the Neuschwanstein Castle. It might be familiar to some of you since I also shared a postcard of it last week!

My pen pal mentioned that this castle is a very famous tourist attraction in Germany. There are many people, especially Japanese and Chinese, visit it every day. 

Neuschwanstein Castle is built in the nineteenth century by King Ludwig II. The king built this castle in order to escape from public life. It was opened to public in 1886, seven weeks after the king passed away.  


The second one is a Christmas postcard! It was Christmas at that time, and I also sent him a Christmas card, too!
However, there are some German words on the card that I can't understand. If you are learning German, feel free to tell me what they mean in the comments below!


The next one is a player card! He is Marco Reus, one of my favorite players in the German national team. I was extremely excited when I received this card though it is a printed signature. 

In fact, I always asked people, especially those living in Germany, if they knew Marco Reus on the postcards I sent lol. 


Different from the players I mentioned last week, Reus plays for Borussia Dortmund, while others play for FC Bayern. Reus was once ranked as the fourth best football players in Europe. Sadly, he didn't play in the FIFA World Cup in 2014 since he was seriously injured in a friendly game right before the World Cup began.  

(Sources: Google)
Here is another player card sent by my pen pal. Philipp Lahm is the former captain of the national team. He is considered to be one of the best full backs of his generation. 


My pen pal also introduced his two rabbits to me! The pictures were took on a Sunday morning when he was working in his garden. 

This rabbit is called Susi! I wish I could lay on my bed every morning like this!

The other rabbit is called Max.


He also sent me some stamps this time! The stamps show some famous paintings and human heritage. I especially love the Christmas one. It is a famous work by Raphael. How nice the common stamps in Taiwan would be if they were printed in this way instead of fruits....


Last but not the least, here are the stamps on the envelope!
Interestingly, there are stamps of Felix rabbit! Felix is a travelling stuffed rabbit in the picture book series of a German author: Annette Langen. 


Thank you for spending your precious time reading my blog!
I hope you enjoy them!

Do you like the postcards or the stamps I received? 
Feel free to leave any comment below :)
Any comment is welcome! 

3 則留言:

  1. Neuschwanstein Castle is gorgeous. It is hard for me to imagine that it is real! I hope one day I could take trip to Europe.
    The stamps are delicate and it seems that most of the pictures on it are about their culture. Although Taiwan also publishes stamps with scenic place on them, normally, I only could buy stamps which have nothing about Taiwan. Oh! I wish Taiwanese stamps could have more features.

    回覆刪除
  2. I start to wonder whether if you still believe in Santa since you've share so many Christmas cards and seems to be fascinated by this holiday so much lol Oh and FYI, Feliz Navidad is Merry Christmas in Spanish(wink) By the way, I think those two rabbits are more attractive than the football player ha ha The cuteness of Lop rabbits are totally overload!

    回覆刪除
  3. I love the first guy in your blog! He is quite handsome! I think maybe the people in German like to change the postcard with you because so far you have received three postcards from German! But this will also help you to learn more about some new things about German right haha! Hope to see your next blog next week!

    回覆刪除